Do You Dream of Blowing the Whistle? Do Look Great in Yellow/Black Stripes? You May Have What it takes to be a Certified Ref!
AYSA will be hosting an Eastern Pennsylvania Soccer Association Referee Committee certification course. A number of current AYSA intramural referees have already signed up to take the next step and become certified referees.
If you would like to join them, space is limited (and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis) and there are a few requirements:
- The cost of the initial class is $100.
- Students must be at least 14 years of age by the test date.
- Students must complete six online modules prior to the class.
- The class will be five sessions long.
- Students must attend all of the sessions and pass the written test during the last session.
- The maximum number of students the course allows is 30.
In addition, to remain a referee, every year you must complete five hours of training/meetings, pay a recertification fee, and retake/pass the test.
Please note that the requirements of the course are dictated by EPSARC and are not negotiable. AYSA is responsible only for obtaining the classroom for the course.
The exact dates/times for the course have not yet been set. Classes are typically spread out over the span of two weeks and the class is a total of 16 hours long (approximately 3 hours per session).
If you or your son/daughter is interested in taking the course, or you have any questions, please contact Matt Hengey (Hengey@gmail.com/484-540-0129).