Partnering with MVP Sporting Goods (the official uniform supplier of AYSA), we are now offering AYSA Spirit Wear for order directly with MVP. Click the link below and follow the instructions as listed. AYSA will receive a portion of every item sold.
- The web store can be accessed at www.mvpsports.biz
- Click on “Web Store” in the top menu (see screen shot below)
- Click on the AYSA logo
- Click on “Web Store” in the top menu (see screen shot below)
- Sale runs from September 10, 2013 to September 21, 2013
- Payment must be made by credit card at the time of purchase
- At Checkout, in the Coaches Name for delivery field, please type “AYSA” (See screen shot below)
- All orders will be available for pickup on approximately October 18, 2013
- We will coordinate the delivery with you around this date
This stuff makes excellent Holiday gifts!!
We appreciate you supporting our organization!!!
Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
Sunday, September 22, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE FLYER BELOW
U9 Boys – United
The Aston United finished in 1st place at the Ridley United tournament.
U10 Boys – Devils
The Aston Devils finished in 1st place at the Ridley United tournament.
U9 Girls – Inferno
The Aston Inferno traveled to Horsham to participate in the Colleen Riley Memorial Soccer tournament. The Inferno had a good day with a 5-0 victory in game 1, 7-0 victory in game 2 and finished the day with a very hard fought 0-1 lose. The set them for a 2nd place overall finish. It was a great day for great soccer!
Click on the team names to see pictures of the teams
Well Done to all the players and coaches!!!!!
AYSA Night at the Philadelphia Union – October 5th @ 7:00 pm!!!!!!
The Philadelphia Union will take on Toronto FC and AYSA has 60 group tickets for sale. This event was very successful last year and is a great opportunity for your team to spend some time together watching the professionals play. Get your team together and go as a group, it’s a great team building event.
Tickets are $25 each with no limit on how many you can purchase. Once the 60 tickets are gone, we can get more but they will be more expensive.
As an added bonus, AYSA has secured 12 ball kid spots. Meaning, 12 kids (must be 14 and over AND have a ticket to the game. That ticket does not have to be purchased through us) will be on the sidelines and be responsible for getting a ball back into play when one leaves the pitch.
Please contact Nick Randall @ firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your tickets. Please let him know if your child would like to be entered into a drawing to be a ball kid.
Hope to see you there.
Click Here to download the registration form
On behalf of the Aston Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) Board, I want to thank you for teaching our youth the beautiful game of soccer and for the countless hours you will be with them in doing so. Your love/respect of the game and positive influence in their lives is greatly appreciated.
Although it is the beautiful game, soccer is one of the leading sports when it comes to its players sustaining concussions.
In conjunction with the 2011 Pennsylvania Safety in Youth Sports Act and as dictated by the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Sports Association (EPYSA), AYSA has adopted the following:
1. Concussions and related injuries are serious matters and shall be treated as such.
2. ALL AYSA coaches shall take and pass the CDC online concussion awareness certification course.
3. The AYSA Board shall investigate any perceived improprieties regarding the handling of any concussion-related and/or serious injury.
4. Any coach, player and/or parent/guardian who is found not to have properly addressed a concussion and/or related/serious injury shall be subject to discipline, including suspension and dismissal.
Please Note: Any injury that takes a player out of a game/practice – and keeps them out of the game/practice – is a serious injury. IF a coach has legitimate concern about a player after an injury/suspected injury, he/she will not put a player back into a game/practice.
Please read the full AYSA Concussion/Serious Injury Policy, which is attached. The policy will be posted to the “Coaches Corner” section of the AYSA website (astonyouthsoccer.com) shortly. Other related resources are already available via the Coaches Corner.
All AYSA parents and coaches shall abide by the AYSA Concussion/Serious Injury Policy.
In addition, ALL AYSA COACHES (head coaches and assistant coaches) must take and pass the CDC online concussion awareness certification course by July 15.
The CDC Concussion Course can be found by clicking here and then click on, “Launch the Training Course.”
At the end of the course, the successful participant will be awarded a certificate.
A copy of the certificate must be sent to me via email by July 15.
Any coach who has not turned in a certificate by July 15 will not be allowed to coach until he/she has turned in a certificate of course completion.
Upon successful course completion, AYSA will provide coaches with a clipboard outlining concussion symptoms as well as documentation to help raise awareness on other serious injuries.
AYSA Spirit Night: September 6, 6:30-8:30 – Pennell Elementary
Our second annual Spirit Night season kick-off will be held on Friday, September 6, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Pennell.
We will announce all the teams beginning at 6:30 p.m., followed by our coaches’ game at 7 p.m. A snack stand will be selling yummy morsels to benefit our Special Needs program and a DJ will be on hand to keep everyone rocking! This year we are also going to have some additional activities, like a Moonbounce, face painting, and other fun activities.
Coaches – If you would like to have your team announced, please have your team assemble beginning at 6 p.m.
Coaches – if you would like to play in the coaches games, please contact Matt Hengey @ email@example.com
There will be a meeting for anyone interested in refereeing Intramural games on Monday, August 25, @ 6:30-8:30 at the Aston Township Building. Anyone 12 or older must attend the meeting to be considered. We do pay our intramural refs!
Anyone interested in reffing for AYSA Intramural games, please contact Matt Hengey, firstname.lastname@example.org
FIFA – Laws of the Games – These are the rules set forth by the global governing body of Soccer
2013 Intramural Training
- All players will be asked to check in prior to EACH session. If you are not already registered for the Fall Intramural program, you will be asked register and pay BEFORE your child will be allowed to participate. Forms will be made available at the field to fill out or you can bring the completed forms with you to the first session. This is for insurance purposes.
- Please make sure the kids wear shin guards and they bring their own water.
- If we need to cancel the sessions because of weather, we will post the message on the front page of the website: www.astonyouthsoccer.com and on our Facebook page
- If you have any questions regarding the program or the age group your child belongs in, please contact the VP of Intramurals, Michelle Mozzoni @ email@example.com
- Training will be provided by Future Captains
- Intramural Coaches – We encourage you to assist in the training sessions as a way to learn some new things. Please check in with the trainer(s) for your session prior to assisting to let them know you are there.
Schedule (please arrive 10-15 minutes early to your session to check in)
Training will begin on Monday August 5 and end on Thursday August 29. You do not have to attend all of the sessions. Make as many or as few as you would like. They are not mandatory.
U-8B (Boys born between August 1, 2005, and July 31, 2007)
Mondays and Wednesdays; 5:45-6:45 p.m.; Sun Valley H.S. field 12
U-8G (Girls born between August 1, 2005, and July 31, 2007)
Mondays and Wednesdays; 6:45-7:45 p.m.; Sun Valley H.S. field 12
U-10B (Boys born between August 1, 2003, and July 31, 2005)
Tuesdays and Thursdays; 5:45-6:45 p.m.; Sun Valley H.S. field 12
U-10G (Girls born between August 1, 2003, and July 31, 2005)
Tuesdays and Thursdays; 6:45-7:45 p.m.; Sun Valley H.S. field 12
U-13B (Boys born between August 1, 2000, and July 31, 2003)
Tuesdays and Thursdays; 8:00-9:00 p.m.; Pennell Elementary School
U-13G (Girls born between August 1, 2000, and July 31, 2003)
Mondays and Wednesdays; 8:00-9:00 p.m.; Pennell Elementary School